When your home or office is undergoing electrical problems, who do you call? If your first instinct is to do it yourself, stop: electrical issues can be dangerous or even deadly to the untrained person. The benefits of hiring licensed electricians for commercial, residential or government services don’t stop there, however. Here’s why it’s always a better bet to hire a licensed pro:
- Get the job done right the first time: If you hire your cousin Bob who likes to tinker with wiring, you might pay less—at least at first. If (or when) something goes wrong, however, you’ll need to call an actual electrician for help. This is why it’s best to hire a licensed electrician in the first place. Don’t forget to check to make sure their license is valid. Ultimately, working with a licensed electrician will save you time and money over the long term.
- Legal recourse if something goes wrong: What can you do if an electrician walks off the job, or performs a less-than-stellar job? If they’re unlicensed, the answer is “not much.” When you work with licensed electricians, you’ll be able to pursue legal recourse until you get the job done right.
- Important if you plan to sell your property: When you sell your property, you’re basically guaranteeing to the seller that your building is in good condition—including the wiring. If they find out that the bad wiring job was the work of an unlicensed electrician, you could be responsible for repairs and other costs.
- The right tools and equipment: Licensed electricians have access to the appropriate tools and equipment. They also have the education and experience to know which ones to use and when. When you work with an unlicensed electrician, you’re taking a gamble that they know what they’re doing and can accomplish the job.
- Surety bond availability: Licensed electricians should also be bonded. A surety bond ensures that an electrician can’t just quit in the middle of working—otherwise, they have to pay you a predetermined sum of money.
- Get the latest advances in technology: Your electrician should be informed about the latest developments in technology, including energy efficiency techniques. When you work with a licensed electrician, you’ll get fixes that are designed to keep your energy usage—and your bills—down.
- Ensure all safety codes are followed: Whether it’s your home, office or other building, keeping your occupants safe should be the highest priority. A licensed electrician will know how to follow all applicable safety codes, which preserves your peace of mind.
- Draw on their knowledge and experience: Finally, working with a licensed electrician means you’ll get the benefit of their education, knowledge and experience. Your cousin Bob might be handy, but unless he’s been trained and licensed in the same way, there’s no comparison.
When you’re ready to discover the benefits of hiring a licensed electrician for yourself, call Wilkinson Electric Inc. today. Our electricians are licensed to provide residential, commercial and governmental electrical services of all types.
Categorised in: Electric Contractor
This post was written by Writer