Tips for Finding a Quality Electrical Contractor in Stanislaus County, CAJanuary 1, 2019 11:38 pm Leave your thoughts
Electrical installations and repairs can be a significant investment. They are certainly an important one. Proper electrical service is essential to the safety of your property and its inhabitants. This makes finding a quality electrical contractor in Stanislaus County, CA of the utmost importance.
You don’t want to trust just anyone to perform this work. But how can you ensure the contractor you hire will deliver quality performance? Use the following tips to vet your options and find a contractor you can count on to get the job done right the first time:
- Experience: How much experience does the electrical contractor in Stanislaus County, CA have? Look for number of years in the industry as well as the type of experience. Make sure they are familiar with the type of project you have in mind. Being a contractor’s guinea pig is never a good idea.
- Licensure: To perform electrical work, the contractor must be licensed. You can ask for proof from the contractor directly of their licensure, or you can check with the state to confirm their credentials. This licensing demonstrates that the professional has met certain industry standards, which means they are more likely to deliver the quality of work you seek.
- References: Does the electrical contractor in Stanislaus County, CA have any references they can provide? An established company should be able to point you to clients who can recommend them. If the contractor balks at the idea of providing references, this is a red flag that you should take your business elsewhere.
- Reputation: What are others saying about the contractor? In addition to references the company provides, find out what kinds of reviews their customers are giving. Check industry websites. Find out what ranking they have with the Better Business Bureau. Ask friends and neighbors what contractor they work with and get recommendations from them. Multiple good or bad reviews can help steer you toward the right contractor for your needs.
- Insurance: Does the electrical contractor carry appropriate insurance? You don’t want to get stuck with any bills for damages or personal injury that occur during an electrical repair or installation. The electrical contractor in Stanislaus County, CA should have liability and worker’s compensation coverage to protect both your interests and theirs. Ask for proof of insurance before any work begins.
- Documentation: If you get an estimate, hire a contractor or receive a warranty, each of these items should be provided in writing. Never rely on a verbal agreement and a handshake—these are not sufficient. A quality electrical contractor in Stanislaus County, CA will put everything in writing for you.
Partner with the Pros
When you want top-quality professionals for your next electrical job, look to the experts at Wilkinson Electric Inc. We bring over a decade of experience to every job and are known for our prompt, quality work in commercial and residential settings. We specialize in electrical services, repairs and installations, including commercial and residential wiring, lighting, heating and air conditioning connections, code violation repairs, fuse box and junction box repairs and installations, trenching, surge protectors and more. Whether you need wiring for your home entertainment system or hot tub, Wilkinson Electric Inc. has you covered!
Categorised in: Electric Contractor
This post was written by Writer