Lots of homeowners spend so much time renovating and decorating the interior of their home that they forget to pay attention to their outdoor space. Even though you might not be spending as much time outside this winter, it’s still worth it to think about how you can improve your outdoor lighting to make your space more functional and aesthetically appealing. Read on for some great tips on how you can take your outdoor lighting to the next level to enjoy year-round benefits:
- Get some inspiration: Before you start planning lighting in your outdoor space, try to get some inspiration from various magazines, TV shows and online sources that highlight landscape lighting. These different sources can help you identify the lighting styles and trends that you like and the ones that you don’t. Taking time to get inspired can help you plan lighting that you really enjoy for your outdoor space.
- Assess your needs: Every outdoor space is unique, and you will have to think about the specific size and configuration of your property before you can select the lighting fixtures and arrangement that are right for you. You should measure your space to determine how many square feet you need to illuminate when installing landscape lighting in Stanislaus County, CA.
- Select different types of lighting: There are several different lighting categories that you can choose from to illuminate your outdoor space. Ambient lighting creates an illuminated atmosphere and task lighting is concentrated and directional lighting that helps facilitate activities and promote safety, while security and accent lighting create visual interest in an outdoor space. You can mix and match these different lighting types to create a cohesive lighting scheme in your landscaping.
- Invest in quality lighting: There are a lot of different lighting brands and products out there, so it’s important to do your homework to find the options that are right for you. Try to stick with lighting products and brands that offer energy efficiency, longevity and quality so that you can get the best possible performance from installing landscape lighting in Stanislaus County, CA.
- Consider your electrical capacity: If you’re planning on installing permanent lighting fixtures in your outdoor space, you may need to take steps to increase the capacity of your wiring. You can’t rely on extension cords to supply power to your lighting all year long, so you should reach out to an electrician who can help install your new lighting fixtures and establish the necessary connections and capacity in your electrical system.
To learn more about installing landscape lighting in Stanislaus County, CA, reach out to Wilkinson Electric Inc. Since 2007, our family owned and operated business has been proud to provide professional electrical services to commercial and residential customers alike. Over the years that we’ve been in business, we have developed a reputation for the quality of our services and our commitment to customer satisfaction. Whether you have a minor electrical issue or you’re interested in having a new lighting system or feature installed, we are the team to call.
Categorised in: Landscape Lighting
This post was written by Writer