You rely on the electricity in your home to work safely, reliably and effectively, but issues can arise when you least expect them. Regardless of what kinds of electrical issues you’re dealing with, it’s important that you hire an electrician who you can trust to provide you with high quality service. Unfortunately, some electricians in Oakdale, CA pose as professionals to scam you out of money. Keep an eye out for a few of the most common red flags that indicate and electrician scam:
- Cash payments only: If your electrician requests cash payments and doesn’t offer to provide you with payment receipts, it’s very likely that you are dealing with a scammer. By receiving payments exclusively in cash, a scammer can collect money from you and then disappear without leaving a paper trail that could be used to verify your payment.
- Payment before services rendered: When you hire a reputable professional for electrical repair, you and your electrician will establish and agree upon a payment plan in writing that works for everyone involved. If your electrician requests immediate payment before they provide you with any service, it’s a major indicator that something shady is going on.
- Suspicious quotes: It’s a good idea to get a few quotes from local electricians in Oakdale, CA and compare them to determine the reasonable price range for the service that you need. Any bids that seem to be much higher or lower than the average are likely not accurate. If you receive a service quote that seems suspiciously low, chances are the bidder is giving you a lowball estimate to secure your business and will likely surprise you with a much higher bill when everything is said and done. Instead of going with the lowest quote, find an electrician who offers a fair quote and has a reputation for transparency.
- Inconsistent communication: An electrician that is difficult to get in touch with is probably not the best choice for your job. You should be able to reach your electrician by phone or email to ask questions, get recommendations and schedule service. If the electrician you’re considering is slow to respond or only communicates with you via email, it’s likely that they won’t be able to provide you with high quality service.
- Unverified credentials: All electricians must be licensed and insured to provide service, and it’s important for you to verify these credentials before making a hire. Do some research into the specific requirements that apply in your area, and ask potential electricians whether they meet these requirements before you make your final hiring decision.
If you’re looking for electricians in Oakdale, CA that you can trust to provide you with outstanding service, reach out to Wilkinson Electric Inc. Since 2007, we’ve been proud to provide commercial and residential customers alike with comprehensive electrical services. Regardless of what your specific concerns may be, we are here to help. Reach out to us today to get started with a consultation and quote and find out more about everything that we can do for you.
Categorised in: Electrician
This post was written by Writer