Warning Signs of Electrical Wiring Issues

August 1, 2018 11:26 pm Published by Leave your thoughts

It’s easy to take your electrical devices and appliances for granted—until they suddenly stop working, that is. When you flip a light switch or try to turn on your HVAC system, only to find that it’s not powering up, it can be challenging to figure out where the source of the problem lies. If your home is still getting power, and your circuit breakers are all still intact, it’s likely that you have some kind of wiring issue. Not only can wiring problems make it more difficult for you to power your appliances and devices, they can also be hazardous and may lead to fires or injury. Watch for these signs that you need electrical repairs in Oakdale, CA, and call for professional assistance as soon as possible:

  • Buzzing and sparks: If you hear a buzzing or crackling sound from your outlet or you notice that it generates sparks, you should stop using it immediately. You should turn off power to the outlet and call an electrician as soon as possible. Buzzing and sparking outlets can be very dangerous and should be repaired immediately.
  • Overloaded circuits: While it’s common to have a flipped circuit every once in a while, you should get electrical repairs in Oakdale, CA if you notice that your circuit breakers are tripping frequently. This indicates that your existing circuits are overloaded and you will need to have your wiring adjusted to increase capacity.
  • Flickering lights: When you start up one of your appliances, you might notice that your lights flicker. This flickering is usually caused by an insufficient electrical capacity and often results in a tripped circuit. It’s a good idea to have your system professionally inspected to determine whether you might need to get electrical repairs in Oakdale, CA to increase the capacity of your wiring.
  • Hot spots: Outlets are meant to be cool to the touch, so don’t ignore an outlet that seems to be overheating. You should pay special attention if you notice a burning smell or if there are any scorch marks on your outlets. If you notice any of these signs, it’s important to get in touch with an electrician right away. These problems are often associated with house fires and can be very dangerous if left unresolved.
  • Shocks: Usually, shocks are prevented by grounding elements in your wiring, but these elements can wear out and lose their effectiveness. When this happens, you might receive a small shock when you touch your appliances. If you do, it’s important to have your wiring repaired and replaced as necessary to keep your electricity grounded.

If your electrical wiring seems to be acting up or you notice signs that you might need electrical repairs in Oakdale, CA, get help right away from Wilkinson Electric Inc. We understand how dangerous faulty wiring can be, which is why we are here to deliver prompt and professional service for commercial and residential customers alike. We specialize in a wide range of repair, replacement and installation services and can assist you with just about any electrical project. For specific information about our rates and details about our services, feel free to contact us by phone today!

Categorised in:

This post was written by Writer

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *