Every so often, the electrical wiring and system components in commercial buildings will need maintenance and upgrades. You need to hire an electrical professional, but there are so many companies out there—how do you choose? Here are five tips for selecting the right electric contractor in Stanislaus County, CA for your business’ needs:
- Get recommendations: Whether you need to update or repair the wiring in your building, before hiring anyone, get a few good recommendations from people you know—such as family members, friends, contractor buddies and other business owners. Ask about their particular projects and how the job turned out. Find out if the contractor they hired has a strong work ethic. You can even ask your local hardware store for a list of professional commercial electricians they’d recommend.
- Check references and read reviews: A reputable electrical contractor will not only have a professional looking website, but a customers testimonials page as well. Clients can leave comments and reviews of the services they received and state whether they’d recommend the contractor (or company) or not. You should also do some online research to find out what others have to say about the company. Additionally, ask the contractor or company for at least three references. Find out from these past clients what they liked and disliked about the services they received (costs, quality of work, communication).
- Evaluate training and credentials: When you hire a company to handle your business’ electrical needs, you’re also hiring their employees. It’s for this reason you need to make sure they only employ electricians who are trained and certified. Also, ask them if all their employees have gone through thorough background checks. And because electrical projects can be dangerous, it’s best to hire an electrician with years of experience under their belt. Make sure their experience includes performing electrical repairs and installations for commercial buildings.
- Ask about licensing and insurance: It’s important to hire someone who is licensed and insured to perform the type of commercial electrical service you need. Otherwise, matters could be made worse. Start by getting a few bids for your commercial project. While this can help you get the best deal, don’t go with the lowest bid simply because it saves you money in the short term. They need to have a commercial contractor’s license and carry worker’s compensation and liability insurance for accidents and injuries that might happen while they are at your property.
- Check their experience: Does the company typically do commercial projects similar to yours? What kinds of commercial jobs have they handled in the past? How long have they been providing services for businesses? Experience is key—especially when it comes to electricity. Make sure the company or contractor you’re considering has extensive experience working on commercial buildings.
If your commercial business needs electrical repairs, services or installation, don’t hesitate to call the team at Wilkinson Electric Inc. Call us to start working with an experienced commercial electric contractor in Stanislaus County, CA today!
Categorised in: Electric Contractor
This post was written by Writer