Interested in beefing up your home security? CCTV is one option commonly chosen to give people better remote monitoring, 24/7 surveillance and enhanced overall security. However, it’s important to know exactly how to install the system in a way that provides you with the most effective security monitoring.
Here are some tips to help you with your CCTV installation in Oakdale, CA:
- Eliminate blind spots: It’s surprisingly easier said than done, but you must set up your CCTV cameras in a way that eliminates blind spots. They should be capturing footage from all areas of a site without leaving blind spots in a way that could make break-ins or trespassers go undetected. You can check for blind spots by working with the remote monitoring station. While on site, do a walk through with the operator at the remote monitoring site. If you ever get to a point where the operator cannot see you, then you know you have a blind spot and will need to adjust your security system to get rid of it.
- Make sure you have good technical support: You should always work with a security company that is willing to provide you with outstanding technical support at all times. You’re likely to run across technology you’ve never used or even seen before, which means you’re probably going to need some help beyond an instruction manual. A company that is not willing to provide you with this support is not worth working with.
- Hide all cabling: Leaving any cables from your CCTV system exposed will make your entire system vulnerable. The cables could easily be cut or otherwise tampered with, which will result in your site’s security being compromised. Outdoor cables should be housed whenever possible, and put in places that are either concealed or otherwise out of reach. You should also regularly keep an eye out for frayed or damaged cabling that needs to be replaced.
- Get the best views: You should make sure you have the best view possible of your property, which means getting cameras that provide a crisp image, as well as placing them in locations where their vision will not be obscured. If you have trees or foliage, keep them trimmed back so they do not block the camera. Lights nearby should not put a glare on the cameras.
- Put up signage: You might be surprised to know that sometimes just having signage indicating you have a security system at your house can act as a deterrent to crime. Criminals are much less likely to want to attempt a break-in or burglary if they know there’s a security system that will catch them in the act. There are certain regulations regarding the placement of these signs, but in general you want to have them in visible, obvious places.
For more information about CCTV installation in Oakdale, CA, contact us today at Wilkinson Electric Inc. We look forward to working with you on all of your electrical projects around your home.
Categorised in: CCTV Installation
This post was written by Writer